Thursday, May 10, 2012

[NOTD] Frosted Champaign with no frost but lots of purple glitter. Also, a mission statement.

I have come to a truly shocking realization a few days ago. First - I own over 100 polishes. Okay, that isn't the shocker, I knew that. I use those silly little nail tip fan thingies, you know the ones you can buy in packs of 50 on ebay for a Euro or so, and I have a swatch of almost every one of my polishes, so I had a general idea of just how many there are. No, the slightly shocking realization was that I have never used over two thirds of them. Swatching doesn't count.

I had, as of this week, 88 polishes I have never worn in a full mani. Or at least not so I can actually remember it.

Whoops.

Therefore, my new mission: I shall not buy new polishes until I have made a sizeable dent in my untried pile. (No, it's not actually a pile.) Say, half of them. I'll not buy any polishes until I have worn at least 44 of those I own but haven't touched yet. I know myself. I might make exceptions for something truly amazing and limited, because if I don't, I'll just give the project up as too hard.

This is what I'm looking at right now. Not too daunting, is it? Doesn't even look like 80+ bottles.



I have started this week, with the pretty P2 polish I posted yesterday and continue with an Essence polish from January's Crystalliced LE. Since it's no longer available, I'm not writing a review....

Essence Crystalliced - 05 Frosted Champaign3 coats


That got really boring after a day - time for a party!

Above & Essence nail art special effect! - 01 it's purplicious


~~~
What is the untried-rate of your stash? Or are you generally good about actually using what you have?

2 comments:

  1. It's really cute ;)

    AND your determination is laudable! Hope you're strong enough to resist temptation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already failed *cough* But hey, it was planned in advance. I've known for weeks I wanted those three Manhattan limited edition polishes I bought yesterday. It doesn't count ;)

      Delete